Glossary of additional terms:
- Fan – a person who has an account with Contribee and uses the platform to watch the content that a Creator uploads
- Creator – a person who has an account with Cobtribee and uses the platform to upload his content.
Who is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
What personal data do we collect and when?
- We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the services you request. Personal data is asked for when you create you account at Contribee both as a Fan or Creator.
- This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number, country, postal code, billing address;
- login and account information, including screen name and password;
- address and date of birth;
- images, photos and videos;
- We comply with local laws and do not allow children to register on our Site or App when they are under the legal age limit of the country in which they reside. We will ask for parental consent for children receiving services provided by Contribee.
TOOLS to Manage What Personal Data We Collect
- When using our Site, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to send push notifications. We may obtain this consent through the App or Site or using the standard permissions available on your device.
- In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
- We use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Site, App, and Services You Request
- When you use our Site and App, we will use your personal data to provide the requested services. For example, if you as a Fan support a Creator on the Site, we will use the contact information you give us in order to carry out the payment to the Creator. If you contact our customer services, we will use information about you, such as name, payment information, or any other information you provided us with to help you resolve a problem or question.
- In many cases, to use particular features within our Site and App you may need to provide Contribee with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. To share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials to sign in.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
- When you consent, we will send you marketing communications and news concerning Contribee’s services and other promotions. You can opt-out at any time after you have given your consent.
- If you are an existing client (Fan or Creator) of Contribee, we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Contribee services where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. We may use the information that you provide to us to personalize communications on services that may be interesting for you.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
- We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site and App.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
- We use data about how our visitors use our Site, App and services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors on the Site or App search for and find services to better understand the best ways to organize and present service offerings in our Site and (or) App.
- We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
- To process your personal data, we rely on certain legal grounds, depending on how you interact with our Site and App.
- When you (both as a Fan or Creator) sign up for an account at Contribee, we need your personal data in order to be informed where to deliver the invoices and to know which user pays for the service in a certain case.
- We also need your personal information in order to indentify the specific Creator which is receiving a support from a specific Fan.
- We also rely on other legal grounds, such as our legitimate interests as a business, to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect your vital interests.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
- Contribee shares your personal data with:
- Contribee entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above.
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Contribee’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features. When using third party service providers we enter into agreements that require them to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
- We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, separation and liquidation as it is provided in the Clause 1 of Article 1 of the Act of Joint Stock Companies of the Republic of Lithuania).
Creator‘s data sharing
- When a Creator uses our Site and (or) App, his personal information such as screen name and photo are shared publicly regardless if a Creator shares his content free of charge or not.
Protection and Managment of Your Personal Data
- We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
International Transfers of your Personal Data
We take measures to comply with applicable legal requirements for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland that do not provide an adequate level of data protection. We use a variety of measures to ensure that your personal data transferred to these countries receives adequate protection in accordance with data protection rules; this includes signing the EU Standard Contractual Clauses, verifying the recipient has adopted Binding Corporate Rules or adheres to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Retention of your Personal Data
Your rights relating to Your Personal Data
- You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you like would to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, please contact us at [email protected].
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
- If you have a Contribee account, you can opt-out of receiving Contribee‘s marketing communications by choosing to do so in any newsletter sent by e-mail to you. A separate “unsubscribe” button will be indicated at the bottom part of the letter. By pushing this button you will be directed to a webpage where an option to unsubscribe will be provided.
Using Contribee Site and App with Third-Party Products and Services
- Our Site and App allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our Site and App can integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking, social networks, music streaming services and other digital services.
- If you choose to connect your Contribee account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your Contribee activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
- Our Site and App may provide links to other (third-party) webSite and App for your convenience or information. Linked Site and App have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked webSite or App are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the webSite or App, or the privacy practices of the webSite or App.
Questions and Feedback
- If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact us at [email protected].
- If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.